Tuesday, July 29, 2014
This week will see me travelling a lot, visiting various manufacturers, clubs and authors. It will be fun, but the driving will no doubt be a real pain. My journey to get home, of 126 miles, the last few weeks has taken anything from 2 hours 57 minutes, to a whopping 5 hours 17 minutes. So, a round trip of over 600 miles is oh so much fun!!!! So, a lot of work and a lot of ground will be covered while I am out of the office, but I will of course play catch up when back, although I have been up late at night trying to get everything done that needs doing while I am away. I hate being behind on anything.
Talking about being behind, my 365 challenge is still ongoing and being almost at the end of month seven, I should be at 213 turnings to be on track. Instead, I am up to 153 completed in total. I did think there would be more time at the end of the year, but now I am not so sure, new commitments have come in that leave me squeezed weekend-wise for the later part of the year too. All I can do is smile sweetly and carry on regardless and get a move on.
Photographs top to bottom:
1. 134 - Burr camphor laurel bowl - 200mm wide x 80mm deep
2. 135 - Sycamore bowl - 120mm wide x 110mm high
3. 136 - She oak bowl - 100mm wide x 55mm deep
4. 137 - Beaded sycamore bowl - 160mm wide x 100mm deep
5. 138 - London plane bowl - 150mm wide x 90mm deep
6. 139 - Splated beech bowl - 115mm wide x 140mm high
7. 140 - Burr oak bowl - 115mm wide x 95mm high
8. 141 - Bocote bowl - 125mm wide x 75mm deep
9. 142-148 - Tealight holders in bocote, bubinga, padauk and walnut -between 80 x 100mm wide x 70-80mm deep
10. 149 - "Rusty" Sycamore bowl with carved detail and iron patination - 250mm wide x 95mm deep