Monday 11 July 2016
The award is for $2500 to an emerging fine woodworking professional to assist them as an artist in residence or visiting scholar at a nationally recognised woodworking school or craft centre. The award may be used for any residency that begins no later than December 31, 2017. Applications for the award will be accepted until August 31, 2016. If you or any of your colleagues would like to be considered for this award, please submit your application by email by the August 31 deadline to Linda Turner at email@example.com.
2. A minimum of four years of experience as a woodworking professional
3. Statement of Purpose i.e. what do you hope to accomplish during your residency and how will it assist you in achieving your long term goals as a professional woodworker (1 page maximum)
4. Brief financial summary justifying the need for financial assistance
5. A minimum of one and preferably two Letters of Recommendation that address the applicant’s skill level and commitment to the woodworking profession
6. Digital photographs of at least 3 woodworking projects or pieces of furniture that demonstrate the skill level and craftsmanship of the applicant
2. Relevance of Residency to Professional Goals - 30%
3. Financial Need - 25%
4. Letter(s) of Recommendation - 15%
Contact: The Krenov Foundation
When: 31 August, 2016
(IMAGE COURTESY OF THE KRENOV FOUNDATION)
Unless otherwise stated, all content is © Copyright 2011 - 2019 GMC Publications LTD or licensed for use by GMC Publications. All rights reserved.