Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Workshop insurance.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Turnpike View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnpike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Workshop insurance.
    Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 7:04pm
I tried insuring my workshop today on my new house insurance. They would only insure the Building for a Maximum of £10,000. It would cost a lot more than that if I had to rebuild after a fire. It was the fact that it is made of wood that they didn't like. They were also only prepared to insure the contents up to £5.000 which I thought might be a bit low. When I gave them ,an admittedly very rough estimate of what I suspect would be rebuilding costs the refused to insure it at all even for the figures already given, Looks like I'll need separate cover. Does anyone have any experience of this and what do most people insure the contents for?

Many thanks and good to be back here!
I aim to live forever... and it feels like I'll need to to get my Workshop finished!
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
Good to see you back Ray . Cant solve yours but here my house and ,Garage & workshop are all on the same policy same as my contents it may be time to change insurance company & look for a whole package deal . They are all money hungry & need more for their fancy buildings after any disaster they us it as a excuse to put up premiums

Ian
happynes is shavings flying
gregmcateer View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregmcateer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 5:38pm
I hope you like my son's caricature of me! If you want one of you - PM me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic