Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vac adapter for an Axminster 1628??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paulloseby View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulloseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vac adapter for an Axminster 1628??
    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 7:17pm
I'm missing my Vicmarc 175 and the Jet 1221VS, brilliant as it is, doesn't turn bigger stuff.

I've just bought a new Axminster AT406WL which is really, the old 1628. Anyway I was hoping to use my Vacuum system with it but Axminster don't make a rotary adapter.

Has anyone fitted a vac pump to this lathe and if so, which adapter did you go for?

There are the Airpress adapters that fit onto the headstock spindle but these seem very expensive. The Oneway adapter I had on the Vicmarc was perfect but that screwed onto the outboard side of the headstock and there doesn't seem to be a screw thread on the Axminster lathe (although I have not assembled it yet as we're still sorting the house out after moving).

Jet make an adapter that pushes into the outboard side of the spindle but I don't know whether they make one of a suitable size and having used one of these adapters on the Jet, it didn't hold at all as well as the screw on OneWay for the Vicmarc. Could this be because the hole is smaller and has less suction - I have no knowledge of the technicalities involved?

If anyone does have any advice on this, I would be really grateful.

Kindest regards

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic