Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Router Plane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ilockwood View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilockwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Router Plane
    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 3:02pm
I have been on a bit of a journey over the past 12 months. I am a big fan of Paul Sellers
https://paulsellers.com/ and he uses old Edward Preston or Tyzack style router planes. I really struggled to get hold of one and wondered how hard they would be to make.

Well here I am in November 2019 and I have succeeded in getting a new 1399 style prototype completed. It is made of modern ductile iron so is stronger a less likely to warp than the originals. The blade holding is a V instead of a square making the holding more secure and providing compatability with the old Stanley and Record router plane blades as well as the new ones made by Veritas.

You can see the results of my work at Tees Valley Tool Works Router Plane

I plan to launch a crowdfunding campaign from 1st March 2020 and if I get the backing Ill be making a production batch.

Please let me know what you think and also if there are any tools you think I should consider making in the future.
Ian
Hobby Woodworker & Tool Maker
Always happy in my workshop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic