Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Gone over the top' finds a permanent home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nicksimpson View Drop Down
Craftsman
Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicksimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Gone over the top' finds a permanent home
    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 9:10pm
Some will remember this piece which I produced for the centennial Armistice remembrance last year.
It was on display for 24 hours and seemed to be destined to spend the rest of time in a box.
I am delighted to report that Poppy Scotland have taken the piece for permanent display in their premises in Inverness.
Those with a very acute memory might notice that the poppies now have 4 petals in keeping with the Poppy Scotland style rather than the 2 petal design of the RBL.

Regards
Nick
See me at BogleCraft
https://www.BogleCraft.co.uk
dunkhooper View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunkhooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 5:48pm
 Congratulations Nick . A very good piece and some thing non of us should forget about. 
Cheers Dunk
Dalboy View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:35am
Glad it has found a good home where it can be appreciated and not kept in a box.
Walter Hall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 11:57am
Well done Nick. A fitting location.
A lathe is a tool not a constraint.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic