Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yew Bowl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CHJ View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yew Bowl
    Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:50pm
Another piece of Yew with a significant proportion of sap wood to add natural interest.

150 mm diameter, finished using Net Abrasives to reduce risk of friction heat micro cracking*, cellulose sanding sealer & microcrystalline wax via the three mop buffing routine.

*(you feel any heat instantly)
Dalboy View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:12pm
Another very nice bowl Chas keep them coming
CHJ View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Dalboy Dalboy wrote:

Thanks Derek. As regards more output, you got a spare 12 hrs a day I can tack onto mine?
Dalboy View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by CHJ CHJ wrote:

Originally posted by Dalboy Dalboy wrote:

Thanks Derek. As regards more output, you got a spare 12 hrs a day I can tack onto mine?

If only I seem to run out with the project I am working on at the moment
Chris Smith View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 37 minutes ago at 3:17am
Chas 
nice bowl and cracking piece of wood ,just one comment if I may and that is the foot is to big ,I would falf the sixe and show off the form more as I said its only my thoughts hope I havnt offended you . kindest regards chris 

dont burn it turn it
CHJ View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 57 minutes ago at 9:57am
Originally posted by Chris Smith Chris Smith wrote:

Chas 
nice bowl and cracking piece of wood ,just one comment if I may and that is the foot is to big ,I would falf the sixe and show off the form more as I said its only my thoughts hope I havnt offended you . kindest regards chris 

No offence taken concerning any considered comments Chris,

Especially when they have to be tempered with the fact that they can only be based on the perspective presented by the images and any distortion of perspective presented by the camera positioning.

Although I try not to produce anything that looks too 'ugly' to a general consensus view my stuff does err more to the 'user' end of the spectrum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic