Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Table From Me..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveTheWoodGuy View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveTheWoodGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Table From Me..
    Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm
I moved into a new house with Mrs Dave all the way back in May, and we realised we needed some patio furniture. Obviously I decided to make some, and obviously it's taken longer than I expected. It's hard to make time in the workshop when you've got a 5 month old springer spaniel tearing the house up! 

The design is my own, as always it started out as sketches and evolved a bit along the way. It's still very rough around the edges, but today was the first time I was able to fully assemble it so I thought I'd get a pic up. 

Handcrafter View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handcrafter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 7:13am
Very nice piece, Dave. Hope the spaniel's 'growed up' a bit and you're getting more wood time.
Check out my stuff at www.michaelforsterwoodwork.weebly.com
DaveTheWoodGuy View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveTheWoodGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:27am
Cheers! Finally got it finished fairly recently, and the benches to go with it. I was slowed down further by surgery on my shoulder back in April, but I'm back up and running again now. 

And the spaniel is still hard work, but he's getting there! 

gregmcateer View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregmcateer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:53pm
Nice.
I did like the raw wood look, but I guess you have to preserve it.
I hope you like my son's caricature of me! If you want one of you - PM me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic