Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Triffid Desk Pen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sammysam View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammysam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Triffid Desk Pen
    Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:33pm
This is my most ambitious project so far. It is a long desk pen 10 inches long and a pen holder in the shape of a flower. The base is carved and burnt. All the wood is lime and it is finished with melamine lacquer. My wife said she is not sure if it is great or hideous, what do you think?

Any comments welcome.
Thanks for looking.
George
bodrighy View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodrighy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 8:09pm
Have to agree with your wife. (wives should always be agreed with whoevers wife they are) seriously though I have to say I love the ingenuity and individuality of it though it probably isn't my personal taste. Nice to see someone thinking outside the box.
Pete
Mistakes are just serendipity in disguise
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 11:06pm
I like the work that has gone into this piece great piece of art for a desk and talking point . the pen takes you back to the old quill pens and if the wood is light it should feel ok in the hand

Ian
happynes is shavings flying
gregmcateer View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregmcateer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:21pm
I can't see anything - Is my login up the swannee or is there a new setting I don't know about?
I hope you like my son's caricature of me! If you want one of you - PM me.
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:00pm
Don't think it can be your login as all your 6 posts came up so you were able to see them ' I haven't been told of any new settings Greg.

Cheers Ian
happynes is shavings flying
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic