Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glen@Fat Parrot View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen@Fat Parrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photos
    Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:30am
Firstly I apologise if this is the wrong thread. Would love to show you more of my work, however.......
Photobucket tells me I have to pay for their services so I have created an account with Tinypics (apparently part of the Photobucket hosting). Now I get an email from TP telling me I have to migrate my pictures to a paid Photobucket account. I thought they were free!
So, my question is... where can I store my pictures for free in order to post them in the forum? I have a lot of my images on my Facebook page, can I link these to the forum? if so, how. I’m stuck and could really do with some help here.
Thanks in advance Glen
bodrighy View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodrighy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:54pm
You can just keep them on your computer and upload them.Only limitation is if you load a lot as you are limited to a certain number.

Pete
Mistakes are just serendipity in disguise
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen@Fat Parrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:43pm
Thanks Pete, I’ll give it a go later
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:04pm
Glen:  I just tried to link a FaceBook post to show up here as an image and it didn't work.  However, you can copy the link to the image, the post the link here as BBCode.  This means to paste the link here, but put [ url ] in front of the link (without the spaces) and then put [/ url ] after the link, again without the spaces - I have to put them in here to show them to you, otherwise the server would think I was posting a link...   Here's an example of how it looks after you post it.  Anyone clicking on the link will be taken to your facebook page in a new window.   This is a rather cumbersome way to show them however.

As Pete mentioned, just post them here.  Best to resize the photos before posting to make them smaller.  A good size for viewing is 800 to 1000 pixels tall and whatever wide.  This will likely be less than 100KB file size, which I think it the maximum allowable.  To post here, click the little tree icon at the top of the posting area.

Save Save
Save Save

Edited by Claude - 23 Feb 2018 at 11:14pm
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen@Fat Parrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:15pm
Thanks Claude, I'll have a go

Robin Laycock View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Laycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:52pm
Dear Glen

I take a photo with my Iphone and then send it by email in small format to my computer, so that it is easy to upload to the forum. Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Robin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic