Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preventing overspray my way

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dalboy View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preventing overspray my way
    Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 8:25pm
This is the piece which I have sprayed the inside a copper colour and wanted to spray the outside with ebonizing spray to which I will be adding more colour to later.

The question is how do you do this without getting over spray on the copper inside. Well rather than spend time masking everything op I simply "used a balloon" by giving it a gentle squeeze at the top will force it down to cover the lower section, The photo is just to give an idea on how I did it.

Sorry if this has been done before but as I said not that I have seen or even read about it

Before trying this make sure the paint or medium you are using will not attack the Balloon material

<a href="http://youtu.be/Y92wP_SCbd
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:01pm
I like the finish you have on the outside and how it contrasts with inside colour . great idea with the balloon .

Ian
happynes is shavings flying
Dalboy View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:19pm
Thank you Ian I will post this one when it is finished

<a href="http://youtu.be/Y92wP_SCbd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic