Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

photo uploading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AllanJ View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: photo uploading
    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:26am
It's a long time since I posted anything on this site and now find myself unable to use "Photobucket" as my host. I tried to set up Flickr, as used by other members. but I find it frustratingly difficult to navigate through the maze of adverts and conflicting info.

Q   Are we still constrained by the 300kb file size limit if I was to upload direct ?

I found the codes provided on the photobucket site very easy to use and wonder, does anyone know of an alternative similar provider, preferably free of both cost and ads, that an ageing simpleton might try ?

Allanj
None so blind as those who will not see
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:11pm
What type of computer do you use - Mac or PC?

Claude
ron.d View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron.d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:45pm
I have just had a problem up loading, and yes it is still 300mb max file size. There are loads of free resizing programmes on the net. It is simple to do, Dalboy posted an excellent 'how to' on my post, woodwork as therapy
Ron
Keep turning

web site http://bsewoodturningclub.onesuffolk.net
AllanJ View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:59pm
Thanks for the responses guys. I use a PC with windows 8.1 Claud. I will look at Dalboys post Ron and thanks for that.

Allan

Edited by AllanJ - 25 Sep 2017 at 8:02pm
Robson Valley View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robson Valley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:52pm
Since you're running Windows, Right Click on an image and look for Photo Manager in the list.
You can do simple things with color contrast and brightness.  Cropping and resizing to several standards.
"Internet Large" is 640 x 480.  Very good to put in forums.  Save with a new name if you need to keep the original big file.

I gotta try that for this site when I get home later this week.
AllanJ View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:37pm
Thanks for your help everyone. I think I have it sussed at last.

Allan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic