Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Organic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
oldtrout View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtrout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:46am
Thanks for that full explanation Phil, I was curious about how "wood filament" is constituted. I would never have the intellectual rigour to learn how to use such a programming technique but good to see these innovations in the wood turning world.  
I'd never heard about Makerspace before, we have one here in MK as a sub-group of Men in Sheds...

Edited by oldtrout - 17 May 2019 at 12:01pm
PhilipS View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
In an extension of the Organic theme, I have been experimenting with a destructive paint technique I tried out a couple of years ago but didn't pursue at that time. With a couple of altered natural forms I have been working on it seemed appropriate to revisit the method and develop it further. The pic below is a section of unfinished surface decoration. I am happy with the effect thus far, reminiscent of a ceramic glaze. The new idea was prompted by finding a miniature ironstone nodule on he beach while on holiday recently. 

Ironstone nodule approx 1.5 cm in size

Edited by PhilipS - 25 Aug 2019 at 4:50pm
PhilipS View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 5:06pm

Background to project - painted bark using the same painting method shown previously. Experimenting still with other materials to complete the piece, not all will be used but the process adds to my learning curve. Not appropriate to post the completed project on this Forum as although it is all wood, it is not turning. The various techniques used could, however, be applied to turned objects. I may show some in due course. I will continue to show some experiments leading up to finishing this project. 
Dalboy View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 5:11pm
There is so much out there that we can use for decoration, nature is fantastic
PhilipS View Drop Down
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:10pm
Thanks for commenting Dalboy.

Another piece of "nature" I have been working on. Unknown wood.

Unfortunately - not turning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic