Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New US Member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dakotadave65 View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakotadave65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New US Member
    Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 11:14am
Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself quickly and try to get to the point. My name is David and I'm 53 and I live in South Dakota. I was setting myself up the last several years for metal working. More specifically I pretty much have a fully set up blacksmith shop that's 12 x 20. However due to a very nasty auto accident in 2012 I suffered massive amounts of damage to my physical body. So much so that it took me 4.5 years to recover enough to get off of government disability benefits and get back to work. I still have to take medication for seizures and chronic pain and I have issues with short term memory but I have developed ways to cope with it. I obviously can't carry on with my plans for a blacksmith/ metalwork business so I am in the process of selling my gear to get money for woodworking tools. I still want to be self employed and doing something creative. As a second aspect of this idea I am thinking about the possibility of restoring and reselling older hand tools for woodworking as I go to farm auctions and there are tons of them that people simply don't want because of their condition. I was also thinking of trying to produce a few of my own. Maybe a plane or two and see if they sell. I know this is a long intro but I'm genuinely interested in your opinions. Thank you all for your input!

Edited by Dakotadave65 - 17 Aug 2018 at 11:16am
I live under the runes. I I worship the old gods. I do things the old ways. Faith, Folk & Family!
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 6:33pm
Welcome to the forums, Dave!

Claude
JJF View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:30pm

Welcome aboard Dave
Do not speak about your language (I use an IT translator also), be indulgent with me.
gregmcateer View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregmcateer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:18pm
Nice to have you on board, DD. Hope you enjoy it
I hope you like my son's caricature of me! If you want one of you - PM me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic