Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issue with forums main page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
broadstairs View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broadstairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issue with forums main page
    Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 8:15am
Recently I have been puzzled by the "Don't miss these great articles from around the site" heading and then nothing underneath where there used to be four photos and info about the articles. I wondered if it might be my browser so I took a look at the underlying HTML code and found that these items following the header are there but have been commented out . This seems to me to be a mistake as the header is still present. I have checked this using two browsers Firefox and Chromium and both show the same thing so its not a browser issue.

Stuart
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 8:28am
Try clicking on one of the 4 headings above Eg woodturning or Carving Stuart it will bring up what you are after

Cheers Ian
happynes is shavings flying
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broadstairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 9:39am
Yes Ian I know that however the information used to be there and still is in the data downloaded to the browser but does not display, as it used to, because it is commented out.

The fact that the heading is still there is meaningless if you comment out the data underneath it, also although a small amount of data it is redundant and should not be simply commented out it should be removed completely to reduce the data traffic. It is very bad form to have loads of comments on web pages, people are getting lazy over this as so many now have faster internet access.

To my mind either the heading and data should be removed completely or the comment removed so the information displays as it used to.

Stuart
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broadstairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 9:21am
Well this morning the comments have been removed and the article display is there....

Stuart
ron.d View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron.d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 7:23pm
not on my computer! I have the same situation
Ron
Keep turning

web site http://bsewoodturningclub.onesuffolk.net
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broadstairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 10:19pm
Try emptying your browser cache and see what happens.

Stuart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic