Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Email address with full stops in it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Awhale View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awhale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email address with full stops in it
    Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 8:40am
Hi
My email address is andrew.john.xxxxx@xxxxxxx (I've put xxxx in so not to divulge my true address).
Unfortunately the site seems to remove the full stops before storing the address.
I've re-entered my correct email address (with the full stops), via the Control Panel, but the full stops get removed.
Has anyone else got this problem?
Obviously I don't receive emails when someone responds to my posts.
Thanks

Edited by Awhale - 16 Dec 2016 at 8:40am
Walter Hall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 9:33am
Hi Andrew,

That is not a problem I have come across before. I have tried editing your profile as a moderator and it will not let me insert the full stops either so I will ask the tech guy to have a look and see what is going on.

Regards
Walter

A lathe is a tool not a constraint.
Awhale View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awhale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 3:13pm
Hi Walter.
Strangely I did receive an email informing me of your message above.
So, my correct email must be held in the system somewhere.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Cheers
Andrew
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 9:14pm
I'm A little confused as your email comes up different for me but no x's for obvious reasons I wont show it.

Ian
happynes is shavings flying
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 1:25am
Hi, Andrew!

I just sent you two emails:  one with full stops and one without.  Please let me know if you get both or either of the two.

Claude
DaveTheWoodGuy View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveTheWoodGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:49pm
Funnily enough I've just noticed the same issue, did you ever get anywhere with this? 
Awhale View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awhale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:52am
Hi Dave
The system apears to hold the email address without full stops.
Apart from that all functionality appears to work.
Emails get sent to my gmail account even without full stops in the address.
I can only assume that full stops in email addresses are redundant.
To check - just email youself without full stops in your sendto address. If you get the email, then it's not a problem.
Cheers
Andrew

Edited by Awhale - 05 Apr 2018 at 11:59am
bodrighy View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodrighy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:50pm
Not a general thing. If full stops are left out e.g. bodrighywood@bodrighcouk the server will reject, at least my server does.

Pete
Mistakes are just serendipity in disguise
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:24pm
Pete:  I believe Andrew meant the the full stops to the left of the "@" are redundant.  The full stops to the right of the "@" are most definitely necessary.

Claude
bodrighy View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodrighy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:18pm
My mistake Claude.

Pete
Mistakes are just serendipity in disguise
Awhale View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awhale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:10am
Hi Claude
Thank you for correcting my previous reply. You are absolutely correct. I should have been more specific :-(
Cheers
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic