Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cherry Segment Pot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CHJ View Drop Down
Craftsman
Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cherry Segment Pot
    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 4:08pm
No. 3 on the Cherry segment stint, the last for a while, possibly moving on to some Local Elm that was in the same stash for the next pieces. Black Walnut & Maple veneer segment highlights.

My go-to finish as usual, Cellulose Sanding Sealer, buffed and finished with Microcrystalline wax.
Dalboy View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 3:50pm
A very nice pot Chas like you that seems to be top finish for me although I do use others
CHJ View Drop Down
Craftsman
Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:58pm
I stick with the simplicity of Buffed sealer, usually CSS occasionally Acrylic and higher temp. waxes because it is so simple and quick as long as you are meticulous with the sanding and scratch avoidance.

It has proved robust in use, better than is at first obvious, presumably because there is in effect no coating other than the wax to mar, and if someone does damage an item, easily refinished.

I do use Oils, Acrylics, Shellac based etc. on occasions, especially for non turning projects, only occasionally do I use them for turning projects if I see a definite long term advantage or necessity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic