Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An issue with the new design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
broadstairs View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broadstairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An issue with the new design
    Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 10:06pm
Overall I do like most of the changes with the re-work of the site. One issue I do have though I only noticed today. I decided to read the Steve Fearnley write up this evening from the Woodturning home page and as I scrolled down to read it I noticed the text occasionally jumping up and down, on further investigation this is because the images which are part of the story and display at the top continue to change even though they are not visible and they are of differing depths which causes the text underneath to jump up when shorter ones display and jump down when the longer ones display.

This is extremely disconcerting when trying to read the text as ones eye suddenly is not focussing on the correct piece of text to read next..

Can someone please fix this somehow? Perhaps ensure all images are identical sizes would be easiest.

Stuart
Technical Staff View Drop Down
Website Technical Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical Staff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 12:01pm
Hi Stuart

Thank you for your comments.  The images are all the same size it was the caption that made the text jump. The caption now overlays the image so as to not cause the jumping.

Regards
IT Support
broadstairs View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broadstairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:51am
Thanks that fixed it on that page.

Another quite minor thing is that on the main woodturning page a similar issue happens when you mouse over the projects the steve fearnley item causes the rest of the text below to move down. As I say it's not a big problem but I think it is best from a design perspective that this kind of thing does not to happen at all.

Stuart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic