Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 challenges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ivan View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 8:08pm
Ok people,here is the password for the next leg of the challenge,it is
"320grit"
The first person to PM me will be the winner.
It could be you,don't be afraid,give it a go,it is good fun.
Good luck to all!

Ivan

Edited by Ivan - 16 Feb 2015 at 8:59pm
after all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done.
John Hodgson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 8:29pm
As there have been no replies to Ivan's challenge I have decided that it is time to call a halt and thank all of you for taking part.
I started the challenge with one of my turnings so I asked Ivan to send his piece on to me.
Lucky me, A beautiful little hollow vase made from spalted beech, 5" tall and what a splendid piece of wood ,gorgeous grain structure and a superb finish .
Very well done Ivan and I am so very pleased with it. One to treasure.Many thanks.

IMG_0026 (Small) by woodnut43, on Flickr

IMG_0025 (Small) by woodnut43, on Flickr

Best wishes,    John.
One good turn deserves another.       www.john-hodgson.co.uk
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 8:31pm
Well done Ivan thats a fine way to end the series Colin
Colin Parr
don't see problems see solutions
Ivan View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 4:41pm
Thanks Colin,most appreciated.
Bill Mooney View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Mooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:52am
That is a spectacular piece Ivan. Well done.
Regards,

Bill

If it looks right it usually is.
Ivan View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 12:40pm
Thank you very much Bill.
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:42am
Pass the Parcel is Back for those in New Zealand & Australia.
after a recent visit by John Hodgson to NZ he has sent me the parcel to see if there is an interest in the south as it didn't work for us before with time limits and postage. I have added this post to the original so you can see how it worked and the type of the challenge. Those that are interested it would be good to know ( just post I'm in or yes ) to give an idea I would suggest instead of it going back an forward across the Tasman sea we do some first ones here then Australia but it will be up to the those willing to take up the challenge to decide , Owing to the postal service being slow and distance we make the time limit 4weeks but nothing to stop it being reposted sooner . If you have friends that do not visit the forum on a regular basis let them know. I will post the first Password on the 3rd of May at about 8pm NZ time the first to pm me after that with the password and willing to take up the challenge will be sent the parcel with a turning. The one I received from John is the same as the one sent to Neil in the first post good luck we will see how it goes.   
happynes is shavings flying
Neil Lawton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:34pm
I really enjoyed taking part in the original run of this, and I'm proud to be the owner of pieces of work by both John Hodgson and georg (Tony and Di)
If the world keeps turning, so shall I.       
http://www.neillawton.co.uk
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:04pm
Thanks for the support Neil I have also received a vase the same as yours.

Ian
georg View Drop Down
Senior Craftsman
Senior Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 2:27pm

Will agree with Neil ... It was a very enjoyable project to participate in.... and a great pity

It came to a end..... Sure it will be good fun for those who take part.
   Kind Regards
   Tony Di

georg

"If you always do what you always done, you always get what you always got"

http://www.anthonygeorge.net
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:29pm
Thanks for the support Georg yes and we in the south missed out last time so it would be good to see it work for a while
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 5:42am
Password coming at 8pm NZ time tonight for pass the parcel southern Challenge
Ian
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:02am
Ok lets see if we can get pass the parcel going in the south . The first to Pm me the password gets the parcel and turning inside. the password is   START
Chris Smith View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 3:43pm
Ian 
start turning ? regards chris 

dont burn it turn it
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:41am
Come on Kiwis do you want to play
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:45pm
Ok so the pass the parcel only received only 1 reply in the south from Chris Smith in Perth Australia so we have decided we will exchange turnings ( have sent mine ) and I have returned the parcel to John Hodgson in Scotland along with a turning .

Ian

Edited by Ian Thorn - 17 May 2017 at 10:46pm
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:45am
Hi all its a shame the turners down here didnt get behind this though Im not sure how many ozzies and kiwis are actually on this forum ? any way thems the breaks I suppose ,Ian has graceously sent me one of his pens and I will do the same ,Im popping out today to get some pen kits so Ian will get one of those sent asap ,you know we all have some nice pieces of work hanging around the house that we could do a swap as we,ve done before and found that we ended up with a nice piece of someone elses work thus starting a woodturning collection of you own ,I have woodturning from all over the place and Im proud of them give it some thought guys .Ian thanks for trying mate and also john theres a lot of missing out getting done hey!
kindest regards to all chris one of only two turners in Australasia it wood seem Approve
dont burn it turn it
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:43pm
Chris I know there are members from both country's on here but it seems as with a lot that join they make one request for information or none then never log in again sad really but that's the way things are. there are 2 in todays birthday list .

Ian
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 8:30am
Pass the parcel has been completed in the south with a pen swap between Chris Smith and myself today I received 2 beautiful pens from Chris made from some nice Aussie wood.

Ian
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:05am
Ian
Glad you liked them mate as I said the black wood is wongamal Ebony and comes from a place called Lorna Glen station on the northern gold fields of western australia its now protected so what youve got is unique 
cheers mate chris 
dont burn it turn it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic