Forums

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 challenges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:45pm
turnaround
Colin Parr
don't see problems see solutions
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 7:30pm
Hi Guys firstly an apology to Nick for the delay in acknowledging the arrival of the parcel. I only arrived back an hour ago from a family visit in Weymouth so profuse apologies Nick. However it was worth the wait as i found a beautiful lidded pot in the canister made from Ash. Needless to say it was whipped away by persons unknown who would like it but i managed to take a few pictures. Most of what i turn is quite large and i can only admire those crafts men and women who can produce such detailed work when crafting small articles. Well done Nick the design,tool skills  are impeccable. I now have to turn something in miniature so watch this space. The pictures have been done rather quickly so I apologize in advance for the quality Colin
Colin Parr
John Hodgson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 10:51pm
Nice work Nick. Thanks for taking part and it's up to Colin now to make a piece and post the new password on Monday November 17th,
John.
One good turn deserves another.       www.john-hodgson.co.uk
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 6:55am
Parcel now ready will post the password on Monday evening Colin
Colin Parr
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:06pm
the parcel is ready and  the password is zebra
colin

Edited by colinjp - 17 Nov 2014 at 10:07pm
Colin Parr
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 9:31pm
John I have had no response so I think this Challenge has run its course what do you think. Ps how are things with you?? Colin 

Edited by colinjp - 25 Nov 2014 at 5:03pm
Colin Parr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 5:08pm
I am sorry there hasn't been any response to this Colin.
If we don't get any replies before next Monday midnight we should shut it down.

The op went well and I got home last night. A long way to go now but I am off to a good start.
Many thanks to all for your good wishes.
Cheers
John.
Ian Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 8:10pm
Good to hear it all went well John. It would be a shame to see the challenge stop some of us of shore would join in if the postage was not like taking out a second mortgage. Look forward to seeing your work back on the site.
happynes is shavings flying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 5:23pm
I have had a word with Colin and as he hasn't had any replies, and we think it would be a shame to close the challenge, I have come up with the following...................
I have decided to have a break for the Christmas period and re start the challenge on the first Monday in February with a new password posted by Colin.
By then you will all have lots of new tools to try out and hopefully a good stock of wood to go at so this will be a good chance to get back into action.

I will make some new posts advising you of the start nearer the time.

A big thank you to all who have taken part so far.

Cheers    John.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 5:54pm
Would anybody be interested in starting the challenge on Monday Feb 2nd?
John.
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 1:14pm
John i have already got an item turned from the last competition so would be willing to get it started Kind regards Colin

Edited by colinjp - 24 Jan 2015 at 1:15pm
Colin Parr
Ivan View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 7:54am
Count me in again too John.
It fair gets the creative juices flowing.

Ivan
after all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 10:57pm
We will give the challenge another go and Colin will post a new password on Monday evening, Feb 2nd, between 8.00 and 10.30.
Cheers     John.
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:50pm
Guys please accept my opologies for forgetting to upload the  password but i have had a upsetting week as my partner recieved a letter from her doctor which placed us both under a lot of stress, However the letter was misguided and things are not what we thought they were so things are somewhat back to normal so i am now putting up the password tonight at around 9 oclock.  regards Colin
Colin Parr
Ivan View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 3:45pm
Sorry to hear of the upsetting time you have recently had,I hope things are improving now.
Looking forward to your password tonight.
All the best

Ivan
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:09pm
the password is Stradivari a question what are the two main timbers used in the construction of a Strad violin? Good luck Colin

ps thankyou Ivan 

Edited by colinjp - 04 Feb 2015 at 9:33pm
Colin Parr
colinjp View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 9:34pm
Ivan has won the first leg of the new chaqllange. Colin
Colin Parr
Ivan View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:06pm
Here at last(due to my hopeless computer skills)is the piece from Colinjp which came in the post last week.
A lovely wee box made from Zebrano,it is approx 115mm (41/2 inches) tall.
As you can see the grain alignment is spot on,attention to detail too on the inside of the lid and also on the base.Altogether a very nice addition to my collection of other turners work.
Thanks Colin

now to get on and do my piece for the next contestant.

cheers
Ivan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 9:42pm
Well done Ivan and Colin. That is a splendid wee box and I will look forward to seeing your password on Monday the 16th.
Best of luck,    John.
Ivan View Drop Down
Veteran Craftsman
Veteran Craftsman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 10:08am
Well that is my piece for the challenge finished and ready to go.
Just to remind everyone that the next password will be put up on Monday 16th
At 8PM.
Good luck.

Cheers
Ivan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic